Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, Sunday

Link to Sand Castle RV Park, Long Beach, WA showing the dunes and paved pathway.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ftr=earth.promo&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=46.446374,-124.023285&spn=0.219528,0.563736&z=11&msid=110848776198753946996.000491be24ae720704320&mid=1286148302
I'm just trying this since the google map locator is not working.  If I attached this and it works, I can always put us on record as to where we are.  Could someone let me know of this link works? Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have had a fabulous sunny day. Went for a 2 hour walk along the beach and the 8 mile paved pathway.  Tried digging clams, but our shovel was just not long enough.  Then I went to the Long Beach shopping district and picked up a purse I had seen two days ago.  B worked on his bike and then went for another beach walk. The sun has been out all day long with a temp of 62ish, and so far it’s a great evening however, they are calling for rain on Monday.
I have spent several hours today reading about Travellerspoint.com but am leaning to Google Earth, My Maps (both free). Trying to learn the routine for “My Maps” so that I can attach it to the blog showing our exact location.  Hope someone will let me know if the link opens to Long Beach, WA?
Have our appointment for the motor home tomorrow; I guess you could say we have our fingers crossed!  It will depend on what time we get away from the garage as to how far into Oregon we can get but we are aiming for the Cannon Beach area. (Thanks Bonnie for the recommendation, I will call you, hope you enjoyed to drive to Portland).
Thanks Anita for becoming a “Follower”.  Could you let me know, as a follower, if you get an e-mail when I do a posting?
Thanks Kerry for checking the house.  Maggie I am expecting baby shower pictures!  Nice talking to you Shirley H.
Night, Night!
Hugs
R&B